2020: Northern Highlights & the Arctic Circle (6900)
16 days from Helsinki to Oslo
Call (253) 859-2040 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14885651
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Helsinki||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to start exploring Helsinki with the help of your CosmosGO app. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Kuopio||An included orientation drive this morning features the City Hall and Parliament House, the Presidential Palace, and the great Lutheran Cathedral. Then, head north through unspoiled forests and lakes for an overnight in Kuopio. Today's Distance: 249 mi/ 400 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Rovaniemi||Stop in the picturesque university town of Oulu, situated on the Bothnian Bay. Then, follow the shoreline as far as Kemi before heading inland to Rovaniemi. Today's Distance: 323 mi/ 520 km (B)|
|Day 4||Rovaniemi||A whole day to enjoy the capital of Finnish Lapland. For hundreds of years, it was famous for exporting furs and salmon to the world's rich and powerful. Unfortunately, the town was destroyed during World War II. The new town, which you'll visit during the orientation drive, was designed by Alvar Aalto in the shape of reindeer antlers. Sights include Lappia Hall, the Town Hall, the new modern church with its intriguing frescoes, and the Arctic Center. Afternoon at leisure or join an optional excursion to learn more about Lapland. (B)|
|Day 5||Saariselka||As you cross the Arctic Circle (66 31'N), you are in incomparable, unspoiled Lapland, land of reindeer and the midnight sun. Stop at the SANTA CLAUS WORKSHOP for a chance to meet Father Christmas himself. North to Sodankyla, where you see the charming Vanha Kirkko, Lapland's oldest WOODEN CHURCH, dating back to the 17th century. At Tankavaara, visit the GOLD MUSEUM and try panning for gold if you wish. Overnight in Saariselka, on the edge of the virgin wilderness and part of Finland's major national park. It is the largest winter sport center in Finland, and a paradise for hikers and mountain-bike lovers in summer. Today's Distance: 168 mi/ 270 km (B,D)|
|Day 6||Honningsvag||Cross into Norway for a visit to the fascinating SAPMI PARK. Head farther into Norway and along the beautiful Porsangen Fjord to Honningsvag on the island of Mageroya, home to 4,000 people and 5,000 reindeer. Tonight, one of the highlights of this tour is the included drive to the NORTH CAPE, Europe's last northern outpost, on a sheer cliff rising 1,000 feet from the Atlantic Ocean. From May 11 to July 31, if the sky is clear, you'll see the Midnight Sun rolling just above the horizon! Today's Distance: 317 mi/ 510 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Alta||Today, drive along the tip of Norway from Honningsvag to Alta, situated at the mouth of the world's richest salmon river, for an overnight. An optional birdwatching experience is available to learn more about endemic species.Today's Distance: 137 mi/ 220 km (B,D)|
|Day 8||Narvik||Continue your unforgettable journey south along the stunning shoreline of Norway. The road meanders along Kvaenangenfjord and Lyngenfjord. You are now in the Troms Province, still north of the Arctic Circle but with a climate mild enough to allow very successful farming.Today's Distance: 311 mi/ 500 km (B,D)|
|Day 9||MO I RANA||This morning, enter Nordland. Not far from Mo I Rana, re-cross the Arctic Circle and return to a world where the sun rises and sets every day of the year. Overnight in the little town of Mo I Rana. Today's Distance: 261 mi/ 420 km (B)|
|Day 10||Trondheim||On the agenda today: picture stop in Mosjoen; spectacular LAKSFORSEN WATERFALL; the forests and rivers of the Namdalen Valley; and vistas of Trondheimsfjord, the World War II hideout of the German battleship Tirpitz. Today's Distance: 298 mi/ 480 km (B)|
|Day 11||Trondheim||Welcome to Norway's third-largest city, where the whole day is available to do as you please! You could explore ancient Nidaros Cathedral, the 17th-century covered Old Town Bridge, and Kristiansten Fort, which stands guard over the city center; wander along the wharves lined with colorful warehouses; enjoy fantastic panoramic views from atop Tyholt Tower; check out one of the many museums dedicated to everything from chocolate and art to folk culture and the Norwegian Crown Regalia. Maybe just relax at the recreational area on nearby Munkholmen Island. (B)|
|Day 12||Geiranger Area||Leave Trondheim, also known as the 'Gateway to the North,' this morning. Travel via the spectacular Atlantic Road from Christiansund to Molde to reach the majestic Geiranger area. Today's Distance: 230 mi/ 370 km (B,D)|
|Day 13||Geiranger Area||Enjoy this enchanting fjord area on your own or join the optional Geirangerfjord cruise. (B,D)|
|Day 14||Hamar||Today, travel to Lom. Take pictures of the wooden stave church before heading toward the famous winter sport resort, Lillehammer, host city of the 1994 Winter Olympics. Overnight in lively Hamar, on the shores of Lake Mjosa. Today's Distance: 211 mi/ 340 km (B)|
|Day 15||HAMAR-OSLO||In Oslo, enjoy vistas of Akerhus Castle, the 14th-century fortress guarding the harbor, a highlight on the guided included tour that features the VIKING SHIP MUSEUM, National Theater, Parliament, Royal Palace, Broadcasting House, and Gustav Vigeland's sculptures of people and animals in FROGNER PARK. Today's Distance: 93 mi/ 150 km (B)|
|Day 16||Oslo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $760, $860 (August 10)No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).